Metairie, LA asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: I was accused with battery on a police officer and it was dismissed by the courts, never convicted can I get tint?

I have a medical condition and have tint of the entire car, will I still be able to get this exemption?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David L McBride
David L McBride
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Gretna, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: In general, a person is precluded from receiving a medical exemption for tint on a motor vehicle if they have been convicted of a violent crime or drug-related offense. At the time of requesting the exemption, a background check is usually performed, after you file an affidavit, that allows the DMV to search for convictions within those areas. Assuming that none exist and that you have a valid medical reason you may be entitled to it. Please note that the information provided is solely offered for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Each situation is different and requires an evaluation of all applicable and relevant facts associated with that case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.