Newark, NJ asked in Copyright, Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for New Jersey

Q: How Can I get a nude video of me taken down?

Someone recorded me and posted a video of me naked online without my consent. I was under 18 in the video and I contacted the website numerous times to get it taken down and no one has done anything. What Can I do to get it taken down?

1 Lawyer Answer
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
H. Scott Aalsberg Esq.
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • East Brunswick, NJ
  • Licensed in New Jersey

A: More information is needed to answer your question, when you say no one has done anything, who is no one (police, school parents etc) , where is it posted, what if any body parts were showing, these are all questions which are important to understand why nothing happened. Lastly sometimes if the website is off shore it is very hard to get any results even when technically a crime is/has been committed. I suggest a civil litigation lawyer if this person has assets.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.