Bastrop, LA asked in Criminal Law for Louisiana

Q: If someone skips out on felony probation involving a minor in 1997. Can he still be arrested for it now ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David L McBride
David L McBride
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Gretna, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: Hello, I'm slightly confused by your question but will attempt to answer. In general, a person that is sentenced to probation is required to complete the probation. If someone fails to comply with the requirements of their probation, it is likely that the person has a warrant for their arrest. The conditions associated with their refusal/failure to complete the probation will likely require the completion of the imposed sentence. I would strongly recommend that that person contact a lawyer for assistance with this matter. Please note that the information provided is solely offered for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Each situation is different and requires an evaluation of all applicable and relevant facts associated with that case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.