Asked in Consumer Law and Contracts for Missouri

Q: Can I get out of an agreement through Buy Here Pay Here lot?

We recently bought a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country from Carmart August 31st. It has been nothing but problems. They knew our situation as we have a disabled father (in wheelchair) and we needed something reliable that he could get into & would fit his wheelchair. We paid 1500.00 down and 150 every 2 weeks with 2 balloon payments and total payoff after tax, service contract, 16.5% interest, administrative fee, and debt cancellation agreement is 10,451.95. They have replaced the radiator, a/c condenser, oil pan gasket, transmission gasket, another part causing transmission leak, 2 tires (that never should have passed inspection - twice due to wrong size being placed on vehicle), and computer problems. They were supposed to find us another vehicle yet now state they can't & we have to keep the van (NO) or take something off their lot that won't work for us. I just want my money back & I'll go somewhere else.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin Webb
Kevin Webb
  • St. Louis, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You need to speak to an attorney quickly. They can best determine to what relief you may be entitled under the law. You may ask your attorney about Missouri's Lemon Law, Merchandising Practices Act, and other opportunities for relief available to you. But there's no easy yes-or-no answer to your question, because success is dependent upon the strength of your attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.