Lafayette, IN asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for Indiana

Q: What can I do when a roommate of mine threatens me, including a threat of damage to my property? I live in Indiana.

The roommate is not on a lease, has lived here for over 6 months, and is the son of father’s girlfriend. My father owns the house. His threats also including filing false charges against me with the police, access to private electronic communications, that I never gave any right to get and have access to having, to use against me, and destruction of electronics that I own. I am permanently disabled, and have a lifelong disability, as the result of an accident.

1 Lawyer Answer
Chase T Wilson
Chase T Wilson
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: You should contact the police or your father and attempt to have him removed from the premises. You may also want to obtain a restraining order against him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.