Minneapolis, MN asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Minnesota

Q: The place I got my treatment for my car accident asked me to fill out a doctor's Lien does that meant the old ones no go

The place I got my injury help at my car accident I feel like they overcharged me I was recently told I can request my money from my lawyer if there isn't a letter of protection or a lean I know there isn't a letter of protection and the lien paper they gave me is not fully filled out and they asked me to do a duplicate claim form I failed the first link form out of 2015 and it looked does that mean that the forms void

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: You want to look at the wording carefully--show it to a lawyer. He should insert a "reasonable" into the charges, and watch out if your state limits what can be charged in car crash cases. Finally, check the dr. out--if you think they overcharge maybe it's time to go elsewhere.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.