Hinesville, GA asked in Child Support, Family Law and Military Law for Georgia

Q: Military wife with 2 kids outside my marriage while husband in Irag. Husband still supports us but is not in the home

one ex pays child support not court ordered yet, unless he makes me mad. other father ran off. My little girl is 3 and the boy is 4. if i divorces husband is he still responsible for all the kids, and my ex-boyfriend will be responsible to. Can I double dip.? because my husband claims them on taxes because I don't work.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ellaretha Coleman
Ellaretha Coleman
  • Atlanta, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: No, you can not double dip. Your husband can contest paternity in the divorce action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.