Carlsbad, NM asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for New Mexico

Q: there anyway that i could get full rights and child support still if father doesn't see child at all?

1 Lawyer Answer
Jeff Grandjean
Jeff Grandjean
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Roswell, NM
  • Licensed in New Mexico

A: It is possible you could get primary custody and still get child support. As far as terminating his rights completely, if you do that the Court may still order child support. Terminating rights completely is difficult however, I would recommend you speak to an attorney to discuss all of your options. Please feel free to contact me or another attorney on Justia.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.