Q: My husband's identity was stolen and now there is an annulled marriage and a active support order. What can we do next?

We have been to City Hall to obtained this marriage license and the signatures or social security numbers don't match my husband's. And there is a warrant out for his arrest regarding this child support order.

1 Lawyer Answer
Kristen Thurmond
Kristen Thurmond
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: You need to find an attorney as soon as possible to help you sort through the child support issue.This is going to be very fact specific and the attorney will need all the information available about the current ordered support and the warrant. Talk to several attorneys to find the one you like best because you'll be working with them a lot during this process.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.