Asked in Elder Law and Family Law for Tennessee

Q: A man still married, but separated, has had his children taken from his home and now to another state. What can he do?

She says she only wants him to see the kids at her house or his mom’s & not his new house because she has HEARD that his girlfriend was “abusive” to children in a past relationship. But the girlfriend has showed NO aggression towards the kids & has recently given her life to God. The children are only happy with him because they bonded with him at a early age & not so much her. The kids literally cry & throw fits when they have to go to mommies house! Now she has taken them out of state & told him that she might move there. This was all without him knowing anything about it! She has befriended a good friend of his(who she had NOTHING to do with when they were together) & has ran off to her house out of state! He is distraught over the situation & needs to know what he can do to get his children back. He believes the mother is unstable & doesn’t want her to destroy the kids mental stability & relationship with him. Mind you, all of this is because she wants him back. Please help!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Bennett James Wills
Bennett James Wills
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: This is a complicated situation with lots of moving parts. He should contact local counsel asap for his best options but it sounds like he'll want to commence divorce and custody proceedings asap.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.