Jonesboro, AR asked in Domestic Violence for Arkansas

Q: Order of protection on someone

Me getting a text from a girl saying my ex wants to know if he can see our kid. Is that considered contacting me through someone else?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: YES! A very big yes. It is a violation of the protection order. You can contact the prosecuting attorney and let them know he is violating the order. He will probably be arrested for violating the order. Most of these cases wind up in divorce or paternity court. Depending on your child's age, the seriousness of the charge, and a lot of other factors, the father will be allowed to one day and under certain conditions such as supervised will be able to see the child. The earlier you get that started with a lawyer, the better this will all go.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.