Media, PA asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I would like to know what options I have to obtain a green card

I am currently on F1 visa with 4 children

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Edit Stelczner
Edit Stelczner
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: You would need an extensive consultation and evaluation with an immigration attorney to determine your options. Generally one would need a sponsor- either an employer or a qualifying family member- to get a green card. Hope this helps a bit.

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Assuming you have a clean record, you can self petition but to do that you would have to show you are a person of extraordinary and unique talents; you could invest over $500,000 in a business that meets certain requirements;

or your employer files for you to get an H1, you stay here 5 years, your employer files a petition for a PERM, then does a search for US employees, then the 140, the 145, then the adjustment of status.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.