Pittston, PA asked in Criminal Law, Sexual Harassment, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Pennsylvania

Q: Found out my 16 year old son is having sexual relations with a 20 year old woman who's saying she's pregnant.

She's with another person and they have children together and I fear the repercussions on my son because she claims she's pregnant to him but has not shown proof of pregnancy and claims she's around 4 weeks. Is there something I can do as a parent?

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Wyomissing, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: He's at the age he's past the age of consent but possible she could be charged with corruption of a minor. As far as the pregnancy, a blood test would be in order if she conceives.

Most important thing right now is to speak with a counselor about how to handle it--you don't want your son going off--somewhere or on you!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.