Metairie, LA asked in Family Law for Louisiana

Q: How to get kids from noncustodial parent left state on first visit.I am domicile parent with return order from Louisiana

My Louisiana custody judgment specifically states that she is not to leave state of Louisiana with children and visitation is every other weekend. She left to Miami dade county Florida on first visit. I obtained a return of children order from the judge overseeing custody case in Louisiana. Florida will not enforce that order. How do I get a judgment in Florida that allows law Enforcement to execute return order from involved judge in Louisiana and have children returned to me and brought back to Louisiana?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. James Zitzmann
Mr. James Zitzmann
  • Covington, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: You would likely have to speak to an attorney licensed in Florida to determine that. Here in louisiana there is a procedure for enforcing foreign judgments, and I am sure Florida has a comparable procedure.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.