Hyattsville, MD asked in Employment Discrimination for Pennsylvania

Q: Can I sue my previous employer for unlawful termination, retaliation, and discrimination?

I was fired on 12/11/17 with the excuse of bad civility. I worked there 4 years and was never written up, suspended or disciplined for anything before and was never given a written termination letter. Also a week prior I filed a complaint against the supervisor and feel this was retaliation for filing a complaint. I was also out on workers comp for a month and had surgery. I been dealing with workers comp past 6 months and think this issue affected my employment also.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Andrew S. Abramson
Andrew S. Abramson
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Blue Bell, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Given the brief facts that you outline, you could possibly have a claim for wrongful termination for pursuit of a workers' compensation claim; violation of the Family and Medical Leave Act, depending on the number of employees employed by your employer; and possibly retaliation, depending on the nature of your complaint about your supervisor. Please contact our office to provide more details.

Andrew S. Abramson, Esq.

Abramson Employment Law, LLC

790 Penllyn Blue Bell Pike - Suite 205

Blue Bell, PA 19422

telephone: 267-470-4742



fax: 267-470-4754

Voted PA Super Lawyer: Employment Litigation Plaintiff 10 consecutive years (2009-2018)

Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rating AV- Preeminent

Avvo Rating 10.0

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.