Asked in Adoption and Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: My son is 7 his mother has no part in his life in 4 years and I would like full custody what can I do?

Custody was set around 4 and half years ago it is 50/50 mother as primary guardian, she has mental issues,and a drug addict,and pays no support at all

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lisa Marie Vari
Lisa Marie Vari
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: You can petition the court for a modification of your current custody order. Your child's mother will have an opportunity to object to the modification; if that is the case it will likely be up to the judge to decide if modification of custody is in the best interest of your child.

Please feel free to visit my blog for more information on modification of custody order in PA.

Lisa Marie Vari, Esquire

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.