Twin Falls, ID asked in Car Accidents and Criminal Law for Idaho

Q: Cop handed over my case to a prosecutor but she left out compelling evidence. why?

a few weeks ago the cop told me that the kid denied hitting my car while it was parked and fleeing the scene but she handed over the case to the prosecutor but I just got off the phone with the prosecutor and he tells me that he can't press criminal charges because there was no evidence and that the cop also told him that she could not prove it either. But i mentioned all the screenshots to the prosecutor and he tells me that HE DID NOT KNOW THAT THERE WERE SCREEN SHOTS!... The cop never gave him the evidence. WHY would she do that?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: Chances are she has a lot of other cases which are crimes as opposed to crashes. General attitude is "let the insurance companies fight it out."

So give the screen shots to the prosecutor.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.