Minneapolis, MN asked in Domestic Violence for Minnesota

Q: Is it possible to get a tro against my son who is underage but physically abusive? He still lives at home.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Luke Neuville
Luke Neuville
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: Generally, yes, you can get a restraining order or order for protection if there is physical abuse. If the court grants your request, no contact with your residence could be included. If there is physical assault or more than one incident of intrusive or unwanted acts that have a substantial adverse effect or are intended to have a substantial adverse effect on your safety, security or privacy, the court will consider your request. Having experienced legal counsel will be beneficial in this process. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.