Livonia, MI asked in Bankruptcy, Divorce, Family Law and Foreclosure for Michigan

Q: Husband cheated has left us for the gf. He doesn’t stay over night. He babysit the kids while I go to work on weekends.

My problem is the gf dropped in our house while I go to work or he takes them to her. I had ask him I don’t want her near our home or have her around my kids. We are still married. He has not file for divorce yet. House is going foreclosure, 7 months behind. Most of our bills are behind. He had open different bank account, i no longer has access to his pay. He had not provided for the family, he claimed he doesn’t have money and was paying for the bills....What rights do I have?

1 Lawyer Answer
Cristina M. Lipan
Cristina M. Lipan
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Wantagh, NY

A: You can only assert your rights through court order. Go to family court and see if they can help. You probably want to file for divorce and custody.

Information provided for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.