Gresham, OR asked in Child Custody and Child Support for Oregon

Q: what do i do if i feel my attorney help my ex wife in the final judgment then me

i have ask two more attorney they say he did a really bad job

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joanne Reisman
Joanne Reisman
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Portland, OR
  • Licensed in Oregon

A: Go and talk to another attorney about your situation. Show them your divorce papers and explain why you think that your attorney didn't do a good job of representing you and get a second opinion. It may be that your attorney did an excellent job but there wasn't really a way to make you completely happy because the other possible outcomes might not have been better for you. Sometimes clients just don't understand that an attorney is supposed to help you understand what the law and a Judge is likely to order and they may recommend that you accept an offer that will be less risky and less expensive for you given all the risks. You may just need to hear this from another attorney. Of course it is possible that you had a bad or inexperienced attorney. Maybe the second attorney will be able to fix things for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.