Robbins, TN asked in Child Custody and Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: Is it illegal for a registered nurse to sign a return to work/school note for a child when there was no record.....

Of medical treatment rendered to said child at the hospital where the doctors note came from. Keep in mind, this nurse is the girlfriend of child’s father.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Marjorie A Bristol
Marjorie A Bristol
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Goodlettsville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: There are not enough facts here to answer the question. If the nurse lied, then it probably is not illegal, but could result in her termination from employment.

Lawrence James Arnkoff
Lawrence James Arnkoff
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Brentwood, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: More facts are needed. If you are looking to score points in a

Custody related matter don't get overconfident. If the nurse testified

In a court hearing or submitted a sworn affidavit that is proven to be false

She could be subject to possible criminal prosecution. That isn't likely to happen.

If you could prove she jeopardized the child's health by providing a note authorizing

the child to return to school you put yourself in a better position to get the

judge's attention. I would recommend not making the issue about the nurse's

relationship with the dad and more about whether she is qualified to render

the opinion about the child's health.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.