Southfield, MI asked in Child Support for Michigan

Q: Can my boyfriend child support be reduce if he has a another child which he could never provide for due to support f

From his daughter which he's name not on birth certificate but his name is on my son but he can't provide or help me because all his money goes to his first child that he found out about 2 years ago how can my son get money from his dad could he child support be reduce sense my son been born it's only been me because he owe back child support for his daughter which he name not her birth certificate but he's name is on my son is my son he's first obligations because he was the first the child he signed a birth certificate for and the mother from the other child move to another state with out knowledge how can I get help from his dad if we stay together I just want my son to have a share of his dad money because right now all his money going to first child he didn't signed for how is it possible for him be obligated to pay child support for child he didn't sign for

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Maureen Martin Caster

  • Swartz Creek, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: When child support is calculated the number of children each party has is one factor they use. He should file a motion in the first case asking that the support be re-calculated based on a change of circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.