South Elgin, IL asked in Insurance Defense and Personal Injury for Iowa

Q: Son snuck out of ex mother-in-law is home and was seriously hurt can I sue her homeowners insurance

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
Stephen Douglas Lombardi
  • West Des Moines, IA
  • Licensed in Iowa

A: Maybe. The claim would be failure to properly supervise a minor, assuming your son is still a minor. The claim would be brought by you for medical expense, permanent injury, wage loss (perhaps), reduced earning capacity along with pain/suffering. Of course this answer is so general that it is worthless without more of an evaluation. All we can really do is give you direction - which I think is all you are really asking. Hopefully this answers the question sufficiently.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.