Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for New York

Q: Ex husband has placement, joint custody, and is married to a felon.

I do not have placement of my children because my ex screwed me over years ago, and we live a good distance apart. We do have joint custody and I have my visits. I have recently found out that my ex Husband's wife is on a wanted list for 4th degree grand larceny. She has two outstanding warrants from 2013 and I anonymously reported her. Now I'm not big on trying to get people in trouble but she is living with my 11 and 13 year old, as well as her own 2 year old and 10 year old. I guess what I'm trying to find the right words to say is, can this be what helps me get my kids back?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stephanie E. Emanuel
Stephanie E. Emanuel
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Bronx, NY

A: Without you reporting her can still play a favorable role in attaining the majority of the custody of your children. However, custody orders are not solely based on facts. They are also dependent on how the case is presented to the court, who is presenting it, and how it's going to impact the children. A competent lawyer will know how to win by the books and an aggressive attorney will know how to win by persuasion. We are both, competent and aggressive when it comes to safeguarding and reuniting children with there parents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.