Belle Vernon, PA asked in Child Custody for Pennsylvania

Q: If a parent gives up rights to the father and has certain days shes to see child, do we still go through with filing?

My son has been living more so full time for over 6 months with me. If his mother gives up full custody and we set up days for her to see him what all do I do? Do I still file for full custody if we come to an agreement? Shes being evicted, just wrecked her car for a numerous time, dealing with cys and never has her other kid as well. Her mother actually took our sons bed from her house for when he stays at her house. Which is normally tues and thurs because hes with me everyday. I also take him to school and pick him up which is about 20 minutes away.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lisa Marie Vari
Lisa Marie Vari
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Pittsburgh, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you are able to come to an agreement, you can file a consent order through your local court outlining the visitation schedule. This is not a necessary step if there are no custody disagreements between yourself and the child's mother, but if you foresee any conflict with her it wouldn't be a bad idea to already have an order in place.

Please feel free to visit my website for more information on filing for custody in PA:

Lisa Marie Vari, Esquire

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.