White Plains, NY asked in Family Law and Child Support for New York

Q: Mom of 1, pregnant with another. Dad decided to leave n was paying rent. How do I get him to help so we R not homeless?

We have been together for many years but we are not married. He has a good Job making over $80000 a year. When time comes for me to give birth I will have to stop working and my job doesn't have maternity leave.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Put him on child support right away for the child with you. Otherwise, if he decides to hide away, it may become impossible and burdensome to locate him. Please contact an attorney right away.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.