Asked in Estate Planning, Civil Rights and Elder Law for Tennessee

Q: My brother has power of attorney over my mother our mother home was paid for now brother has got my mother diagnose

Legally blind saying she has the first stages of dementia so she has to depend on him I have not seen any medical papers confirming this now he got his & girlfriend name on deed my mother has will starring that the home is to be spilt with me /sister &him afraid he trying to stab me in my back.What can I do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Marjorie A Bristol
Marjorie A Bristol
  • Goodlettsville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You can file for conservatorship of your mother and revoke the POA and ask the court to nullify the property transfer. You should consult an elder law attorney to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.