Union Grove, WI asked in Probate and Estate Planning for Wisconsin

Q: How can an affidavit be filed if there was a will.

I'm the PR on the will but I'm not an heir. The person that passes didn't name her child on the will because she did not want her on the will but the heir filed an affidavit. Will she get what she is asking for?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sarah Lynn Ruffi
Sarah Lynn Ruffi
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Wausau, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: The Will would need to be filed with the Probate Court in the county where the decedent last resided. The child would then need to challenge the Will and argue to the Court why the Will should not be deemed valid.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.