Asked in Family Law and Education Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My ex wife is allowing our children to fail at school. We live in Pa. She moved them quite a distance from me. Neglect?

My son has failed the same grade for two years now and my children have missed 30 days most of which is not excused. Is this neglecting my kids. She has shut me out lies constantly. I have contacted the local district. What else can I do??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kathryn Hilbush
Kathryn Hilbush
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I suggest that you consult with an experienced family law attorney in the county where your children reside. It would seem that your recourse is to file to modify the custody order, perhaps even request custody, but it's hard to know whether that's something you can consider without being able to discuss the situation in detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.