Omaha, NE asked in Medical Malpractice for Iowa

Q: My father had hip surgery made it threw that fine ... The nurses told 2 ppl he did great with hip surgery but he lost a

More blood they gave him blood transplant and he got a blockage and died next day when they did that it has greatly erected my life he was only 58 can I go after them I've been messed up haven't been able to work in highly depressed

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Erik Luthens
Erik Luthens
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • West Des Moines, IA
  • Licensed in Iowa

A: Not every adverse or bad result with regard to medical treatment necessarily constitutes malpractice. The real question is whether the primary treating physician or the physician's staff failed to do something he / she / they should have done or did something he / she / they should not have done. The next question is whether any failure to do something correctly resulted in your father's death. A review of your father's medical records by a medical expert witness would have to be done before any initial opinions could be formed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.