Madison, IN asked in Personal Injury for Indiana

Q: What happens if I was hurt in a fight?

I'm 16 years old and 13wks pregnant. I was at school when a 18 year old girl started fighting me and sent me to the Hospital. I never hit her back just kept yelling stop I'm pregnant can I file charges?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Chase T Wilson
Chase T Wilson
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: If you want to file charges you should contact the police. If you'd like to pursue a claim for your injuries you'll need to contact a personal injury lawyers ASAP because there may be a tort claims notice necessary which has to be filed within 180 days of the incident.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.