Antioch, TN asked in Personal Injury and Civil Litigation for Indiana

Q: My 3 year old son fell into a firepit in april of 2017. He still receives medical care. Is it to late to file a claim

He had 3rd degree burns and had to have skin grafts done and now needs laser surgery that his insurance wont pay for. He was at my boyfriends grandparents house. I was at work and my boyfriend was watching him.

1 Lawyer Answer
Chase T Wilson
Chase T Wilson
  • Indianapolis, IN
  • Licensed in Indiana

A: The statute of limitations in Indiana for minors is 2 years after they turn 18, so you have plenty of time to file a claim. That being said, contact a local personal injury attorney immediately as the sooner you contact them the better they'll be able to help.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.