Mount Airy, NC asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Libel & Slander for Georgia

Q: False police report terminates visitation:

Ex has custody of our son. I have supervised visits. If relevant, he has son b/c of Facebook posts. We had a custody eval, the psych test results were invalid. Since have gotten valid eval.

On Feb 18, Son was complaining of hand pain 10 min in2 visitation  (4 which my mom, grandma, fiance, younger son who I have custody of, & nephew were present). It was swollen and red, not a fresh injury as there were no shiny patches, scabs, blisters, etc. 

I took a photo of & proceeded as normal since he was playing as usual.

At about 6 tht night, ex's mom contacts my mom, questioning her about injury.

I email ex @ 7 tht night, w/ photos, & included when the injury was 1st noted. No response.

Got a call from police dpt Feb 23 that ex made a report tht injury happened in my care & medical records stated it was a 2nd DEGREE BURN (I was only informed by police).

police filed safety plan stating I cant contact son w/o taking supporting documents from me. What are options?

1 Lawyer Answer
P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: You need to talk to an attorney. You need to bring your custody papers with you when you do. You also need to take a copy of this safety plan, as you may have messed up and agreed to the safety plan unwittingly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.