Carrollton, GA asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for Georgia

Q: My child's father said he's filed for visitation rights, we never married, how long will the court process take

Will I be able to get child support, out child is 6 months old and attends daycare because I work

1 Lawyer Answer
Tyler Carey
Tyler Carey
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Covington, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: I’m assuminf your child’s father filed a legitimation. That action will address custody, visitation, child support, and the child’s last name. I would recommend consulting with an attorney to protect your rights, and to make sure you know what you’re agreeing to!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.