This site is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Please check back in a few minutes.
Van Buren, AR asked in Family Law, Adoption and Child Custody for Arkansas

Q: Ive been helping taking care of this little girl since she was 8 months at first it started with me just having her on

The weekends to help her mom out cause at the time she was a single parent and didnt really have that much support. Well through out the years i started keeping her more and more like during the week because mom was going through a hard time so i would buy her dieapers wipes food cloths you name if that little girl needed anything i was there anything. she didnt really have much money (mind you she gets disabilitie) in February of last year her mother lost her appartment had another baby. so she asked if the little girl can stay with us full time intill she found a place so she started going from place to place and ive been taking care of the little girl full time since while mom visits or comes and sees her some times or when I need her to watch her she'll take her mind you she also gets food stamps with off the little girl and taxes and i get nothing i love this little girl like i gave birth to her myself! What are my chances of getting temp guardianship the little girl is now 3

1 Lawyer Answer
James E Hensley Jr
James E Hensley Jr
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Conway, AR
  • Licensed in Arkansas

A: Very good with the facts you mentioned.

Jim Hensley

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.