Carrollton, MO asked in Family Law and Child Support for Missouri

Q: Can my daughter’s dad terminate child support for only one semester of bad grades in college?

My daughter is in her second semester of college. She only passed one class first semester but is now passing all classes this semester. Her father is seeking to terminate child support. If he can terminate after only one semester then can I take him back to court after this semester if she passes all classes and ask that he starts paying again?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Janet Sanders
Janet Sanders
  • Lees Summit, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: Absent special circumstances, the answers to your questions are Yes and No. Please see 452.340 RSMo 2016.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.