Milwaukee, WI asked in Car Accidents for Wisconsin

Q: I was in an an accident where I was found at fault. I had no insurance so now I owe State Farm. How to settle this?

Who can I contact to settle this with them? My license is suspended now and I just want this over with.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Emmanuel Muwonge
Emmanuel Muwonge
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wauwatosa, WI
  • Licensed in Wisconsin

A: You may contact the lawyer whose name appears on the paperwork regarding the judgment taken against you. You may also contact State Farm directly requesting they tell you who you need to speak with regarding a judgment taken against you. If the judgment was taken in Small Claims Court, contacting that lawyer who represented them in Small Claims Court is the best way because he or she would be a Collections lawyer able and willing to talk dollars and cents. You must, however, make sure that you peg your license and ability to drive on any payments you make so that while debt still outstanding, you able to drive. But, it is not entirely up to State Farm. The MVD is also involved. You need to prove you have insurance before getting your license back. You may need a lawyer to structure this. Hope this helps.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.