Southfield, MI asked in Employment Law for Michigan

Q: Information retaining an unbundled attorney or legal aid . I was terminated. I need to write a response to a motion

I was recently terminated from Board of Education as a teacher for refusal of drug testing. I have filed a letter of appeal to the Teacher Tenure Commision and the District file a motion of dismissal. I was informed by the Judge to write a response to the motion of dismissal. I need guidance in how to write a response. The judge suggested that I seek help. Could someone assist me further?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Marlo Bruch
Marlo Bruch
  • Kalamazoo, MI
  • Licensed in Michigan

A: As a tenured teacher, you have more legal rights than an at will employee in Michigan. I recommend that you contact an employment law attorney in your area to assist you. The Tenure Commission has strict court rules and requirements just like a regular court. The school district attorneys know you may be at a legal disadvantage and it is worth to at least speak to an attorney to advocate for your rights and to explain the law to you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.