Peoria, AZ asked in Uncategorized for Utah

Q: I have been watching a friend puppy for last 3 month. She dropped her off and has only came back to say hi.2 times . tha

She came and to visit and took her and said she would bring her back next day. Now she wont answer. She is homless and on drugs . she never brang food or anything for her. Do i have any options to get dog vack or make her be punished ?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: Animals are considered property. She now has the animal, so I think that it would be hard to take it away from her. If you still had the dog you could have claimed the puppy "abandoned" and went through the process of changing ownership. Unfortunately, I don't think you can do much at this point.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.