Boise, ID asked in Personal Injury for Idaho

Q: Can I go back to the insurance company and renegotiate my settlement - am finding the money doesn't cover care.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kurt Holzer
Kurt Holzer
  • Boise, ID
  • Licensed in Idaho

A: Generally speaking the answer is no. The whole point if a settlement is that you release the claim. Insurance companies often try to get people to settle for less than a claim is worth and that is one of the reasons to have a good attorney involved in evaluating your case in the first place. There is some Idaho law that will allow a person to rescind a prior settlement in very limited circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.