Lebanon, TN asked in Divorce and Civil Litigation for Tennessee

Q: I'm female 58, my husband male is 62. We've been married 41 years. He collects worker's comp and disability social secu

I'm female 58, my husband male is 62. We've been married 41 years. He collects worker's comp and disability social security. He collects a very comfortable income. I quit work 11 years ago. He won't let me get a job, he's not an invaild. I basically have nothing. No formal education. He threatens me saying I can't get any support if I divorce him. He's very controlling. Is there anything that can be done for me financially if I divorce him? I have nowhere to go. Shelters are full.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Marjorie A Bristol

  • Goodlettsville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: You should consult an attorney to discuss your options. Many will offer a free consultation. You shouldn't stay in a marriage with an ass. You have options. They may not be easy options, but you have options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.