Appleton, WI asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: My girlfriends Ex is telling their daughter he does not want her or her sisters to be around me.

He is telling her that they are not little girls anymore and now they have “boobs”. He is also trying to prevent me from moving in with the mother and has said that he will do everything in his power to keep me from living in the same house. The daughter, the father speaks to, has also said to her grandmother, that she is concerned that her father may attack her mother and possibly could go as far as rape. The daughter didn’t say what would prompt her to think this. The father has a history of alcohol and marijuana use. I’m looking for what options can be done from a legal stance. There is currently no custody order in place with the court system and is currently being assumed as 50/50 custody.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Zak Taylor Goldstein
Zak Taylor Goldstein
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: This does not really seem to involve criminal law, but these situations can be messy. Your girlfriend may need a family lawyer to get custody agreement or order in place. It's not really up to the ex who the children spend time with when your girlfriend has custody of them.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.