Philadelphia, PA asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for Pennsylvania

Q: I’m paying my child support through a notarized letter that was sign under notorized letter

I was basically threatened if I didn’t do it she will try to make it worse for me. I want to be able to see my kids and spend time with them. I don’t fail my support money and I actually pay more than the agreement says because she said I have to. I really don’t care about the money, I care about me not being able to see them and spend time with them. What should I do? I live in he state of Pennsylvania and it’s Lancaster county. Thank you in advance

2 Lawyer Answers

Dawn Padanyi

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Doylestown, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: Your question is unclear. I'm not sure if you are asking if you need a support order or a custody order or if you have a question regarding the amount? You would benefit from having a live consultation with a local attorney that would hear all your facts and then advise you accordingly.

Kathryn Hilbush agrees with this answer

Kathryn Hilbush

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Media, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: I agree that you question is unclear. If you want to see your children and the mother isn't cooperative, then you'd have to file a custody complaint or petition to initiate the process. I suggest that you discuss your situation in person with an experienced family law attorney in your area.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.