Saint Louis, MO asked in Bankruptcy for Missouri

Q: My name is misspelled under my SS# for my credit. Is it possible to make my "bad" credit disappear without bankruptcy?

My last name is spelled one way and they have it spelled another.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Mr. Chad Van Horn
Mr. Chad Van Horn
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: Unfortunately not. Your credit is tied to your social security number, not your name. The only way for the "bad" marks to go away is to settle them, file bankruptcy, or wait the 7 years for them to fall off your credit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.