Philadelphia, PA asked in Family Law and Child Support for Pennsylvania

Q: I filed for child support from my daughter's father. What if he denies being the father and doesn't sign the AOP ?

I also want to know how long it will take to be scheduled for a hearing

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Karen Ulmer Pendergast
Karen Ulmer Pendergast
  • Langhorne, PA
  • Licensed in Pennsylvania

A: If you are unmarried then the father may first request a paternity test before the court will enter an order on child support. If he is determined to be the father then an order will be entered. Every county varies on time but expect to wait at least six weeks before the first conference is held from the date you file, and possibly even longer.

Kathryn Hilbush agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.