Saint Cloud, MN asked in Child Support and Family Law for Minnesota

Q: How can I get my support lowered as my income has decreased singnificantly.?

Mom makes more than Dad. Dad had to quit job to watch kids that are under his care because Support money made it impossible to pay for daycare. Support isn't being used for caring for daughter, she's never wearing shoes that fit, her hygiene is questionable.. Also daughter will be with dad full time second half of summer.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
D. Patrick McCullough
D. Patrick McCullough
  • St. Paul, MN
  • Licensed in Minnesota

A: A substantial change in financial circumstances can be a basis to change a child support obligation. I would need to know much more to give you a complete answer. You would need to bring a motion in order to lower support(unless your X agreed). You should talk with an atty to help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.