Belton, MO asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Missouri

Q: Is there a specific form for this and anything else I should include?

I am Pro Se but not by choice. I am going to file an ex parte Show Cause to ask the courts to order my husband to pay for a retainer fee for a lawyer for me to even out the fairness a bit more because they are taking extreme advantage of me. I meet more than enough stipulations and he makes close to 10k a month. He is not paying alimony or child support either. Is there a specific form that I use and do I need to submit anything else to help the judge rule in my favor?

1 Lawyer Answer
Janet Sanders
Janet Sanders
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Lees Summit, MO
  • Licensed in Missouri

A: A Show Cause Order is granted upon a Motion for Contempt which must be personally served on the other party. You should file a Motion for a Temporary Order pursuant to 452.315 RSMo. 2016 and request child support, maintenance as well as attorney's fees and costs to be incurred. You should also consider paying a retainer with funds acquired by accessing marital and/or separate property.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.