Fayetteville, GA asked in Family Law and Elder Law for Georgia

Q: How do i file a motion for due process concerning a family matter in court that has been ongoing since the fall?

My grandmother was abused by her caregiver (daughter) financially which caused APS to investigate and place her SSI check on hold. For the past 6 months I have taken care of her throughout this investigation. I took on the role because I did not want to see my grandmother placed in a nursing home she is also cognitive to perform basic functions on her own. I receive no financial help from the state nor her conservator who was appointed in January. I asked the courts for a conservator to help solve the issue with family taking her SSI check hoping that will help. instead It has placed a financial strain on myself to receive little to no help from those appointed to help. The conservator will only pay bills she deems necessary and not the full amount and threatens to place my grandmother in a senior home. I would like to file a motion for due process and also file a motion to be ym grandmother guardian and release the conservator of her duties.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
P. Justin Thrailkill
P. Justin Thrailkill
  • Fayetteville, GA
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: Schedule an appointment with a local attorney to discuss your case. You would need to file to remove the conservator and appoint yourself or the county conservator.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.