Springfield, TN asked in Criminal Law for Tennessee

Q: How hard is it to fight and beat a language after the violation? My fiancé' signed one and it was for 3 years he'd serv

His main probation is in the boro but had it transferred to Springfield, Tn. When he went to jail a year or so ago he signed a language. When he signed it was supposed to be 3 years to serve if any violations to the terms. Well, he got caught driving on a suspended license. My niece 18 and our baby was in the car. He got scared and ran and left them in the car.He also got child neglect. The reason for the stop was because my registration was suspended. we had no idea the papers about that was sent to my old address. No insurance I'm sure evading and now it would be a VOP on top of it all. He really is a good man that had a terrible past. He is now an amazing father and would do anything for his child. He ran because he was afraid that he was going to do 3 years away from her and I. He is willing to turn himself in. We wanted a lawyer on our side to fight and have our ducks in a row. What do you think our chances in court. Any advice I would be more than grateful!! Please help!!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Don Himmelberg
Don Himmelberg
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Nashville, TN
  • Licensed in Tennessee

A: Your husband would probably be well-served to hire a criminal defense lawyer. A violation of probation can mean the judge can reinstate the entire original sentence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.