Aurora, CO asked in Child Custody and Domestic Violence for Colorado

Q: My ex was just convicted of DV assult & disturb peace against me, he has full custody court order states my visits does

he still have to allow visits? We were living together off & on we also violating protection order. I did file for full custody & no mediation I didn't know he retained the same attorney for custody case in Jan that he had for criminal. I haven't been able to talk or see my son in over week and half. which always happens when his dad wants to argue & kick me out. I NEED ADVICE WAY TO MUCH ON MY PLATE. He has 2 prior DV convictions & one was a felony menacing with deadly weapon. HOW DO I GET MY SON

1 Lawyer Answer
Stephen J. Plog
Stephen J. Plog pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: You need to consult with an attorney regarding your situation. The way to change orders would be the filing of a motion to modify parenting time pursuant to CRS 14-10-129.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.